Northwest Wildlife Preservation Society (NWPS) is a non-profit registered charity focused on preservation through education. The Society is seeking to fill the position of Wildlife Educator to deliver wildlife education and stewardship programs on behalf of the organization. The role includes program delivery, communications, fundraising and administration duties. This position reports to the Island Education Director and ultimately to the Executive Director. The successful applicant will be an independent self-starter, someone who is very knowledgeable and passionate about wildlife and conservation, and an individual who is committed, mature and resourceful.
Job Title: Wildlife Educator (see full job description here)
The Wildlife Educator is responsible for delivering wildlife education programs throughout the Lower Mainland on behalf of the Society. Main responsibilities include:
1. Deliver environmental education programs to K to 12 schoolchildren, adults and special interest groups in person throughout the Lower Mainland, in schools, community centers, in regional parks, as well as online
2. Represent NWPS at community events (weekends)
3. Assist with the society’s fundraising initiatives to generate revenue through grant applications, honorariums, and other campaigns.
4. Content creation for communications including social media and e-newsletters
5. Various administrative duties such reporting, scheduling and volunteer coordination
This position requires regular travel within the Greater Vancouver Regional District. Driver’s license and daily access to a vehicle is required.
Qualifications: Applicants must have a university degree in Environmental Science or Biology (or related skills and experience), and minimum 2 years experience delivering programs/presentations to a live audience, preferably about wildlife.
Assets: Experience working with children, public speaking, program development/management, research, fundraising, communications.
Location: Vancouver, BC
Job type: Full-time, permanent
Salary: $35,000 per annum
Vacation: 2 weeks paid vacation to start, plus 2 weeks paid over Christmas when office closes.
Application Deadline: August 18, 2021
Please submit resume and cover letter in a single document by email to:
Kristine Krynitzki, Executive Director: firstname.lastname@example.org